The marketing services industry is expected to grow steadily in line with rising corporate profits and private investments, but faces challenges as a result of the non-transparent business practices revealed in the recent K2 intelligence report and investigations. The industry saw a total of 656 transactions in 2015, and 328 transactions in the first three-quarters of 2016.
Highlights from this report include:
- Agency and Marketing Services was the most active segment with 249 transactions (Q1-Q3 2016)
- Agency and Marketing Services transactions represented $3.7 billion in reported aggregate transaction value (Q1-Q3 2016)
- Provider transparency is in the Spotlight
- Digital and technological efficiency is creating robust growth for Alternative & Outdoor Advertising
- Marketing is moving up the funnel across all sectors