The latest issue of our Financial Technology Index & Trends Report, highlighting trends in M&A, financing and capital markets for private and public companies in the FinTech market, is now available.
Highlights from this report include:
- The centers of influence for FinTech are now global; California, New York, London and Asia garnered the most investment dollars into start-ups in 2016.
- The significant growth in the sector into disruptive technologies has banks scrambling for solutions; invest, acquire or be dis-intermediated.
- Corporate investment activity continues to remain a driving force behind many start-ups; one-quarter to one-third of all investment comes from corporates.
- The Headwaters MB FinTech Index, which tracks a basket of the top 50 public FinTech companies by revenue, has outperformed the Nasdaq, Dow Jones and S&P year to date and for the last 3 and 5 years.
- Valuations for Bank Technology stocks have risen the most of any category in our index over the past 5 years, moving up by over 29%.